Digital Life 101
- What's the place of digital media in your life and for our society? In this lesson you will learn some of the surprising statistics about digital media use among your peers and watch a video that challenges you to think about the positive and negative ways digital media and technology affect your and influence our larger culture. You will reflect about the positive and negative ways digital media affect you and influence the larger culture.
Copyrights and Wrongs
This section will teach you about the legal and ethical aspects of respecting the creative work of others. You'll learn about copyright law and how context matters. Then you'll apply what you've learned to choose a photo for a mock ad campaign.
Taking Perspectives on Cyberbullying
- How does online cruelty affect the people involved? In this lesson you will explore different roles that people play in incidents of online cruelty. You will watch a video clip from the TV show Friday Night Lights and reflect on the alternative decisions that each character could have made. You will also brainstorm actions you and your friends can take if you encounter online cruelty in your own lives.
Beyond High School
- How can information you post on the internet affect your future opportunities? In this lesson you will explore the ways that everything your- or anyone else- posts about you online can affect your future opportunities like college admissions or job prospects. You will learn about digital footprints an what you can do to shape a positive online reputation.
Does It Matter Who Has Your Data?
- In this lesson you will consider the ways websites and companies collect data online and utilize it to personalize content for their users, as well as consider companies' motives in doing so. You will explore the benefits and risks of online tracking and targeting, and learn strategies for managing what happens with their own online data.
Risky Online Relationships
- In this lesson you will learn why the term “online predator” is misleading, and how to identify more realistic forms of inappropriate contact. You will then discuss a story about a teen’s risky online relationship, and draw conclusions about how to stay safe online.